fanmix yourself template by:samantha & meghan
01. a song that makes you want to fall in love 02. your favorite pump up song 03. your favorite song to rock out to 04. a song that reminds you of summer 05. your favorite cover of a song 06. a song you sing in the shower 07. a song that reminds you of someone 08. what you want your wedding song to be 09. your favorite 90s/2000s song 10. a song to heal a heartbreak 11. your favorite song from a girl group 12. a song you know all the lyrics to 13. your favorite oldies rock song 14. a song by your favorite artist 15. a song that you like to fall asleep to 16. a song that makes you feel invincible 17. a song that makes you feel better when you’re down 18. your favorite holiday song 19. a song that is from a genre of music you don’t usually listen to 20. a song you associate with your favorite book
a challenge for graphic makers, fanfic writers, or whatever outlet it is that you unleash your creativity upon.
- strength / weakness
- order / chaos
- noise / silence
- shallow / deep
- near / far
- lost / found
- past / present
- emotion / logic
- beginning / end
- storm / calm
- focus / blur
- split / whole
- vibrant / pale
- dawn / dusk
- passion / apathy
- light / dark
I think I’m getting a handle on this new version of gimp. I’ve got my layer masks, my transparency, my color blending and all that sweet stuff. Hella sweet.
So, I’ve been doing this Game of Thrones meme and I decided that it was something I actually enjoyed doing (compared to the 30 day memes. They’re just so long that I never complete them). Apparently there isn’t a Harry Potter one so I decided to make one myself. Hopefully you guys like it.
- one house
- two books/movies (or one book, one movie)
- three colors
- four locations
- five deaths
- six spells, magical creatures, potions, and/or objects.
- seven relationships (friendships, romantic ships, whatever ships)
- eight quotes
- nine characters
- ten anything
Are you tired of feeling like your art just isn’t improving? Do you want to do a 30-day challenge that’s actually useful? Welcome to 30 Days of Improvement Hell. >:D
I made this because I’ve been feeling super ‘blah’ about my art these days, and I needed something to kick-start myself. Who wants to do this with me!? Start now or whenever you can (now you procrastinators!). Challenge yourself and have fun at the same time!
Tag your posts with #Improvement Hell so everyone can follow along and see each other’s awesome artwork. I may even create a blog and reblog them! :D
What are you waiting for? START!
- Self-Portrait - Introduce yourself
- Draw a figure using a reference - link to reference
- Draw a figure that’s in action, using a reference - link to reference
- Draw a part of the human anatomy you have trouble with. x20, with atleast 5 being skeletal/musculature studies.
- Draw more figures. Quick gestures and silhouettes. x20, with atleast 10 different body shapes
- Let’s have some fun. Design a character from this character generator. (created by PreservedCucumbers)
- Pick the weirdest object in your house/room. Draw it. Shadows and Highlights.
- Find 2-3 objects, make a scene with them. Draw it. Bonus points for creativity. Double points for dramatic lighting.
- Draw a landscape of a place you’ve never been or drawn.
- Draw a BG with 1pt Perspective. Negative points if it’s a railroad or an empty street.
- Draw a BG with 2pt Perspective.
- Look out a window. Draw what you see. Bonus points for adding something interesting.
- Draw an interior setting with the character you designed on Day #6 in it.
- BG with either bird’s eye or worm’s eye view.
- Halfway there! Draw three ‘action’ scenes with different compositions in each. Quick sketches are fine, just make them interesting and understandable! Bonus points if it’s the same scene, but different composition.
- Draw a single page comic with 5-7 panels (the story begins and ends on one page).
- Draw an animal you’ve never drawn before. x10 Link references.
- Draw a car. Negative points for whining. Hint: Use a perspective grid.
- Think of the thing you hate drawing the most. Guess what? Draw it! Negative points for lying to yourself.
- Pick an object in your house/room. Now design a character from it, using the shapes, forms, textures, purpose and colors as inspiration. Also link/post the object you used. Negative points for using a humanoid action figure.
- Draw a character/object/scene, and shade them using ONLY solid blacks and whites. Bonus points for good use of lights/shadows
- Draw a different object/scene/character. Shade using hatching, crosshatcing, and/or pointillism. Bonus points for lights/shadows and textures.
- Colors! Pick a color palette, and paint a scene/character/object using only those colors (some blending allowed). Bonus points for good use of lights/shadows.
- Draw and color a scene/object/character - no lines allowed! (aka - lineless art). Don’t forget light and shadows!
- Draw a scene/character in a style you’ve never drawn before. If emulating an artist, credit+link. Bonus for color style.
- Draw a character. Draw 10 emotions/expressions. Bonus points for ‘uncommon’ emotions. (i.e. anxiety, guilt, despair, loneliness etc.)
- Draw three random shapes using your opposite hand (or your foot). Now design characters from those shapes.
- Turn on the tv (or load your illegally downloaded movies). Pick an actor and draw them.
- Almost done! Let’s have some fun. Draw some fanart. Bonus points if it’s super obscure and unknown. Make people guess what it’s from.
- Last day! Find a drawing you did within the last year. Now draw it again using what you’ve learned! Link it for comparison!
Look at all that amazing improvement! Congrats!
[Update] There is now a sequel challenge, Draw All The Things!
forget saving the wizarding world, naming his firstborn after them, heading the auror office, etc., I would love to see the reunion/conversation in which dead Harry tries to explain to his dad and godfather that he named his other son after snape
#he saved me dad #he sold you out to fucking voldemort son #he loved mum dad #so did our cat you wanna name a kid after him harry #he spied for dumbledore dad #he participated in mass murder and only switched sides because he felt guilty for causing your mum’s death son #he was the bravest man i ever knew dad #that is because you didn’t know me you tosser (via prongsmydeer)
#sirius refuses to speak to harry for a very long time and when harry tries to talk to him#sirius just gives him the dirtiest look #the dirtiest most disgusted look#(and he’s good a pretty good disgusted look) #and says#harry i tried i really did i lived in a cave for you i ate rats for a while and this is how you return the favor#harry’s like ‘but i named one of my kids after you i think you’re brave’#and sirius just looks at him #looks at him and says#’have you met remus fucking lupin
There has been a lot of negativity in the fandom lately, so in an effort to counteract such negativity, sassyunclepeter, protegeons, and I have developed the Stiles Stilinski Meme. It’s a short meme, and feel free to do it in whatever order you want to! Our goal is ultimately just to add a little more positivity to the fandom.
- one dramatic moment
- one awkward moment
- one act of heroics
- one heartbreaking moment
- one villain interaction
- one episode
- two friendships
- two plaid shirts
- favorite facial expressions
- favorite one-liners
Draw yourself as a Monsters U student!!
Alright howsabout this; each week in September can be devoted to another pairing. I will only officiate Amethyst Ocean week from August 31st to September 7th (and Val/Dani week) but if representatives for other pairings are willing to dredge up some themes and make their own announcements, we can all work together to make a pairing celebration month!
Here’s what I was thinking:
August 31st-Sept 7th = Amethyst Ocean and Gray Ghost
September 8th-Sept 15th = Pompous Pep and Pitch Pearl
- PomPep Rep: ???
- PPrl Rep: ???
Sept 16th-23rd = Vengeful Babes (Dani/Val) and Fentons (Jack/Maddie)
- VB Rep: Becca (and Shinobi if you want to help?? I know you like the ship too)
- Fentons Rep: I will if no one else volunteers
September 24th-Sept 30th = Other
- This one might be tough since that’s such a large umbrella but if people want to volunteer as reps for their own pairing then I will add them and the ship to this list.
Representatives are basically in charge of coming up with the themes for their week. It’s okay if there’s repeat themes but try to find ones that will fit your pairings the best and maximize the potential!! You will also be in charge of making announcements to remind people what theme is due that day.
If you want to be a representative for a ship, send me an ask and I’ll add a link to your username by the ship name. It’s probably not gonna be first-come-first-serve so we’ll see what happens 9~9/